mabuhay

WELCOME TO MY BLOG "DIOS MABALOS"

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Ash Wednesday

Today (February 17,2010)marks the beginning of the Lenten season. The latest topic to talk about of all Catholics throughout the world. The "Ash" from the palms used last year's Palm Sunday, added with Holy water is the one used in marking a sign of a cross on the forehead. "Repent and Believe in the Gospel" this the religious word used during the liturgy. Ash Wednesday focuses to oneself''s redirection for the renewal of vows to God; turning away from sin and believe in the Gospel..going back to the care of the true "Shepherd" of our soul and spirit, "God". I myself , was also trapped into the cycle of life, ...to remember ...how many times that I have sinned against my God . I promised to changed; to repent,to confess but after all..I sometimes fall again into temptations to commit a sin, in my thoughts words and in actions ..When will anyone learned? When will I learned too? I am still struggling, trying my best to avoid committing sins, I know i have to reactivate my awareness and guilt conscience to avoid sin.Everyday there is always temptations that lured one's mind. Yet in the end it sparks with a guilty conscience to give way to renew our personal commitment, to change and go back to God's fold.

No comments:

Post a Comment